Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 6, 2012

Journey Art Journal

Life is a journey and there is so much going on in my life lately...

I got an early birthday present from my aunt and uncle to buy some new toys at Dick Blick.  I bought a small Moleskine watercolor journal.  I love it!  Right now I'm using it for girl faces with quotes.  They kind of tell the story going on.  This girl I was inspired to make after looking at some eye candy in the Somerset Studio Gallery Summer 2012 magazine.  After I was done with the painting I added the word "waiting...".  My husband found out he may be getting promoted, but we weren't certain.


If my husband were to get promoted I could possibly stop working for a few years and stay home with my kids.  If that happened, I would homeschool them.  It's been my dream for years!  Some people think its a great idea, and some don't.  

My husband and I adopted two little boys when they were 3 and 4.  They came to live with us when they were 2 and 3.  It was a year before we could adopt them because of things slowing down the process.  Our little guys have some challenges that aren't their fault, especially with public school.  They are such a blessing to us and we love them so much.  One has Tourette Syndrome.  His tics have always been issues at school.  Teachers constantly pick on him about it...all but one teacher.  Subs don't understand it at all.  Every year I have to educate his teachers on Tourette Syndrome.  He has always had issues with being bullied, and his Tourette Syndrome plays a big part of it.  He also has OCD with it.  It's made him have to get up in the middle of class, move a chair to move something way up high.  If I could homeschool him, it would benefit him so much.  He has a hard time sitting still long, too.  There are things to use for homeschooling that would allow him to move a lot more.  

My other boy has ADD and ODD.  He's always had issues at school and we get called up to the school a lot.  He's had lots of therapy to help him cope, and we have strategies that help him think through things better.  I can help him through his challenging times, but teachers at the school can't so much.  His teacher last year was amazing...she worked with us so much.  It was his worst year behavioral wise, but there is great improvement.  This year will be interesting with the new teachers to the school.  If I could homeschool him, he would be in class more and I can shape lessons in a way that would benefit him better.  There are lots of worries and oppositions which is why I use the words on the picture below.  I'm trusting in God!


This next art journal page I made after we found out my husband would be promoting.  There are things we are planning to hopefully allow me to stay home and have the life I've always dreamed of since I was a little girl.  I've always wanted to be a stay home mom and I've always wanted to be a teacher.  I loved school as a kid and playing school was my favorite.  In college I wanted to get my degree in teaching, but I let the advice of others to squash that dream.  The words below are God giving my dreams wings to take flight!


We were still waiting on the announcement of my husband's promotion.  We decided to see if we could get our house refinanced to put our 1st and 2nd mortgage into one smaller payment.  If this all happens I will be working until next summer and after that I would be a stay home mom and homeschool my boys.  The journal page below I put the words "She was waiting for things to happen".  That's what I'm still doing.  :)


My final art page has the word "Hope".  I have hope that God will take care of everything and I should not worry.  Now for me to be patient!  ;)


Thanks for taking the time to read about my journey lately!  I hope to have some really good news and some art to post soon!  Who knows...maybe someday I can offer art classes for homeschooled kids.  ;)  

All my art was made with Caran D'Ache Neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels, Derwent watercolor pencils, Derwent Inktense, and Faber-Castell Pitt pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment